Re: khubd taking 100% CPU after unproperly removing USB webcam

From: Oliver Neukum
Date: Tue Jan 16 2007 - 04:46:48 EST

Am Dienstag, 16. Januar 2007 10:10 schrieb Jerome Lacoste:
> Hi,
>
> I unplugged my (second) webcam, forgotting to stop ekiga, and khubd is
> now taking 100% CPU.
>
> - lsusb doesn't return
> - /etc/init.d/udev restart didn't resolve the problem.
>
> Is that a problem one may want to investigate or should I just forget
> about it (problem being cause by a user error)?

If your are using this driver
http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html

then it appears that it most likely hanging here:

for (n = 0; n < SPCA50X_NUMFRAMES; n++)
if (waitqueue_active(&spca50x->frame[n].wq))
wake_up_interruptible(&spca50x->frame[n].wq);
if (waitqueue_active(&spca50x->wq))
wake_up_interruptible(&spca50x->wq);
gspca_kill_transfert(spca50x);
PDEBUG(3, "Disconnect Kill isoc done");
up(&spca50x->lock);
while (spca50x->user)
schedule();

This driver's disconnect handling is buggy. As this is an out of tree
driver, please contact the original author.

Regards
Oliver