Re: [RFC] pci_bus conversion to struct device

From: Martin Mares
Date: Thu Jan 18 2007 - 16:04:11 EST

Hello!

> So, if it were to stay, where in the tree should it be? Hanging off of
> the pci device that is the bridge? Or just placing these files within
> the pci device directory itself, as it is the bridge.

I originally didn't realize that we already represent devices on the
subordinate bus as subdirectories of the bridge device's directory,
without any extra level of abstraction. So it probably makes sense
to put the bus-specific files there or, in case of a root bus, to
/sys/devices/pciXXXX:YY/.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://mj.ucw.cz/
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye." -- The Little Prince