Re: Probably wrong place to ask

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 16:20:11 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I have a card reader plugged into a usb port. I recognizes a 512meg pny cf card just fine, but wwhen I plug in a 256meg Lexar cf, the led comes on, but there is no reaction from linux. /dev/sda is not created, nothing.

Is this a kernel config problem, or is this particular cf known to be a bad bird?

I do that with CF and memory stick, what kernel, distribution, etc? I would suspect something in hotplug not noticing.

I presume you have tried this from cold boot, so any issues with unplugging and plugging another flash are removed.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc