Re: Missing dmesg parameters in 2.6.19.2

From: Sunil Naidu
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 22:54:26 EST

On 1/20/07, Robert Hancock <hancockr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) Compiling with SMP as Generic (CONFIG_X86_PC is not set, CONFIG_M686=y)

> Using x86 segment limits to approximate NX protection
> Using APIC driver default
>
> 2) Compiling with SMP as Processor specific (CONFIG_X86_PC=y,
> CONFIG_MPENTIUM4=y)
>
> I do not find the above mentioned parameters in this case.

I don't think the "segment limits" message shows up in stock kernels,
are you sure that was from 2.6.19.2? That sounds like a Fedora kernel
with Exec Shield.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

I am very sorry, have lost my mind with the night out with these
kernels (messed up).

Yep, you are right. Case 1 is FC6 kernel. Case 2 is my customization
with 2.6.19.2. I was thinking about APIC in Case 2....

~Akula2