Re: [-mm patch] drivers/firewire/: cleanups

From: Kristian Høgsberg
Date: Mon Jan 22 2007 - 15:10:51 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 02:41:29PM -0500, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 10:26:27PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
Changes since 2.6.20-rc3-mm1:
git-ieee1394.patch
git trees

This patch contains the following cleanups:
- "extern inline" -> "static inline"
I guess that's fine, I do like how extern inline will never generate code

Exactly the opposite will be true when gcc will switch to the C99 semantics...

Besides this, "static inline" forces inlining in the kernel due to
#define inline inline __attribute__((always_inline))

In that case I have no reservations at all.

thanks,
Kristian