Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 12:58:45 EST

From: Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:45:02 -0500

> On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:07:11PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > > process. This year, the Kernel Summit will be held in Cambridge,
> > > England, at the DeVere University Arms Hotel, September 5-6 (with a
> > > welcome reception on the 4th). The decision to move the Kernel Summit
> > > to England is a one-year experiment based on the very strong request of
> > > last year's kernel summit attendees to try a location outside of Ottawa,
> > > and especially from the roughly 1/3rd of the attendees that come from
> > > the UK or Europe. So the plan is for us to book the Ottawa Congress
> > > Ceter space for July 2008 (which we will need to do by mid-year 2007),
>
> Ditto..
>
> Definitely disagree with that. I'd like to see the conference somewhere
> else different this time - perhaps Czech Republic, or somewhere else more
> easterly and Linux active (or even Finland...)

This is my position as well.

If the kernel summit is important enough, all the bean counters will
find a way to get their constituents to the event, it's as simple as
that.

For the first time in many years I'm strongly considering actually
going to the kernel summit, however if it goes back to Ottawa I
definitely will stop going again.