gpu sharing layer for kernel

From: airlied
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 06:25:59 EST

This patch series contains the gpu sharing layer for kernel that I've mentioned before. It should apply against Linus's git tree.

Why do we want this?

Currently the kernel cannot provide both the fb and drm drivers with access to the device model and this means the drm cannot get any suspend/resume callbacks.
This layer attempts to fix this problem by adding a bus for the gpu drivers
to attach to. Currently a lowlevel binding driver is needed along with optional
fb and drm components.

This patch series only covers the generic code and radeon initially, I'll
probably target intel next.

All the patches are available at:
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied/patches/gpu

I think maybe the radeonfb patch may not make it pass the list filter..

Dave.