Re: Strange

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 07:43:03 EST

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
>> I knew of course about libdvdcss but I've never noticed before that the
>> kernel issues these error messages to the syslog.
>>
> If you've replaced the drive, the decss keys might have changed for inserted
> media (this is especially true if your old drive had a different region
> setting).

Yes,... but as I've just told Alan,... it happens even when just
mounting (an not using libdvdcss at all).

> First set the DVD region on the drive to where you are (probably 2),
> using "regionset".
That was already done (by factory I assume):
# regionset /dev/hdb
regionset version 0.1 -- reads/sets region code on DVD drives
Current Region Code settings:
RPC Phase: II
type: SET
vendor resets available: 4
user controlled changes resets available: 4
drive plays discs from region(s): 2, mask=0xFD

Would you like to change the region setting of your drive? [y/n]:n

> Then rm -rf ~/.dvdcss and restart your video playing
> application. It should rescan the dvd, figure out the keys, no error
> messages.

Playing just works normal (even without recreation of the dvdcss cache)
it's just the syslog message when mounting that makes me nervous ;)

Thanks,
Chris.
begin:vcard
fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton