Re: 2.6.20-rc5: known unfixed regressions (v3) (part 2)

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 11:57:27 EST

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 05:38:01PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Was the removed
> setCx86(CX86_CCR3, ccr3);
> without any effects?

I didn't think that was ever checked in. I thought the patch was still
being discussed.

The line missing will not as far as I can see cause any problems, it
will leave some registers accessible that normaly are not, but unless
something was to try and access them that shouldn't matter. It is of
course more correct to reprotect them after the required changes are
done so it should be put back (if it was ever actually removed).

--
Len Sorensen