Re: Possible regression: MSI vector leakage since 2.6.18-rc5ish (Unable to repeatedly allocate/free MSI interrupt)

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Sat Jan 27 2007 - 14:29:35 EST

Auke Kok <auke-jan.h.kok@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I highly doubt it - I've seen the problem even on this weeks git on
> x86_64. Moreover, I'm at home for the weekend and testing resources are limited
> :). I'll see what I can do

Thanks. There may be more to it than what I suspect, but I could not
reproduce it on x86_64.

Now I may have missed something as I optimized my tested based on the fact
that close and open are triggered when you up and down a network interface.
so I didn't do a complete rmmod, (since my network driver wasn't modular).

Since you have seen this on x86_64 I will look deeper.

Eric