Re: [patch] i386: add option to show more code in oops reports

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 03:47:47 EST

On Friday 26 January 2007 00:56, Chuck Ebbert wrote:

> Can't think of a way to word the justification, but I've wanted to see more
> code a few times.

Hmm, not sure I see the point. The Code line is just that you can
make sense of random mailing list oopses where you don't
have a vmlinux. But as long as you don't make the option
the default you would need to ask people to set it for you -- and when you
ask you could always as well ask about the vmlinux and get
as much code as you ever wanted.

So unless it's default it's likely useless and I don't think
it is a good idea to make it default because oops screen estate
is so precious.

-Andi