Re: lockmeter

From: hui
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 05:27:29 EST

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 09:27:45PM -0800, Bill Huey wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 10:17:05PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > btw., while my plan is to prototype your lock-stat patch in -rt
> > initially, it should be doable to extend it to be usable with the
> > upstream kernel as well.
> Fantastic. I'm going to try and finish up your suggested changes tonight
> and get it to work with CONFIG_LOCK_STAT off. It's been challenging to
> find time to do Linux these days, so I don't mind handing it off to you
> after this point so that you and tweek it to your heart's content.

Ingo,

Got it.
http://mmlinux.sourceforge.net/public/patch-2.6.20-rc6-rt2.1.lock_stat.patch

This compiles and runs with the CONFIG_LOCK_STAT option turned off now
and I believe addresses all of your forementioned concern that you
mentioned. I could have missed a detail here and there, but I think
it's in pretty good shape now.

bill