Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 01:05:05 EST

> Last year the subject of DMA engines was put up, however most of the
> people interested in the subject weren't even invited. In that case
> there's really little concrete that can come out of the discussion.

Nobody claimed the committee was perfect. Shit happens.
There were also plenty of productive discussions.

> Expecting everyone to sit down and get the full picture of a subject
> in 5 minutes is unrealistic and will not lead to very useful outcome.

If they never heard of the issue before they are unlikely to
be useful in the discussion even after an hour of talk. That is not
how it works again.

> Of course, thats why I suggested more like an abstract published in
> advance, like why is this subject worthy and what would the person
> like to achieve by having it discussed. Hopefully with some technical
> ideas included.

Abstract of a discussion? Interesting concept. Maybe.

If you mean abstract of a talk then I think you're wrong.

Not sure that abstract of a discussion thing would really work though.
It seems a bit contradicting in itself.

-Andi