Re: via irq quirk breakage

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 03:32:41 EST

Hi Jean,

Jean Delvare wrote:

You have an old VT82C686 south bridge, which was tagged as "special" by
Alan. For this chip, Alan's code only allows devices 00:00.x to be quirked.
As my code was merely a reimplementation of Alan's idea, it does the same.
Your USB controllers are at 00:07.x, so I'm not surprised they weren't
quirked.

Alan, why were dev_lo and dev_hi both set to 0 for the VT82C868 in your
implementation? Is it a typo, or...?

Nick, I guess the following patch would work better for you? I've listed
devices 00:07.x as quirkable for the VT82C686.

* * * * *

Fix VIA quirks that were recently broken by Alan Cox in the upstream
kernel (commit 1597cacbe39802d86656d1f2e6329895bd2ef531).

Thanks for making the patch, it works like a charm now. The quirk
gets applied to both USB controllers.

My understanding is that pci_find_present() doesn't work yet at the
time the quirks are run. So I used a two-step quirk as is done for
some other quirks already. First we detect the VIA south bridges
and set the right low and high device limits, then we are ready to
actually run the quirks on the affected devices.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.