Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 14:47:33 EST

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:31:01PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> >> (How many do we support? How many does NetBSD?)
> >
> >We support at least 25 separate architectures, with a _huge_ variety of
> >different variations within those architectures. We passed NetBSD a
> >number of years ago (sorry, don't have their numbers around right now.)
>
> Don't they claim 50+? Already browsing
> ftp://ftp.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.1 gives more than 2
> screenfuls [?? 25].

Don't get confused by the fact that the majority of the NetBSD platforms
are sub-architectures. I'm talking about 25 unique CPU architectures.
Or is it 20. I haven't looked in a while, the tree is there for anyone
else to look at :)

And even then, I think just the pure number of variants of ARM and PPC
that we support is greater than NetBSD's sub-arch support too...

thanks,

greg k-h