Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

From: Manu Abraham
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 17:22:17 EST

On 1/30/07, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:30:23PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:

> Sounds very nice indeed. Just happened to do a driver in a similar
> status, where the vendor did not want to make the specs and other
> stuff open, but was in a position to support an OSS driver for the
> STB0899 demodulator driver from ST Microelectronics
>
> I think many vendors will be ready to jump in.

Based on the initial response so far, a number of them seem very
willing.

> the STB0899 demodulator driver is now available at
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899-c5
>
> It needs some fixes with regards to our DVB API. (bumping it up to 3.2
> from 3.1) It's almost ready to rock now, with new delivery systems.

Glad to see that we are getting more device support :)

Not only that, we will be adding in even more delivery systems like
DVB-S2, DVB-H, DSS and other than that, we will be having algorithm
based tuning rather than dumb tuning.

regards,
manu