Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 17:43:19 EST

Matthieu CASTET wrote:
Jeff Garzik <jeff <at> garzik.org> writes:

And I seem to recall there's more SATA chipset documentation than Jeff
Garzik has time to implement support for.
I seriously doubt you can come up with even a single concrete example here.

Regardless, libata has 55+ drivers and counting, all for the price of documentation and hardware. Another quite strong counter example.

On another side, some PATA drivers are incomplete or missing.

Which ones are incomplete?

I know a few non-x86 drivers are missing.

When we switch to PATA and drop old ide stack, what will happen ?
Will all driver be ported and full-feature, or some will be obsoleted ?

All drivers for which we can find users will be ported. If any features disappear that's a bug.

Jeff