Re: [Cbe-oss-dev] [RFC, PATCH 4/4] Add support to OProfile for profilingCell BE SPUs -- update

From: Maynard Johnson
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 18:09:32 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 06:53:50PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

+/* Defines used for sync_start */
+#define SKIP_GENERIC_SYNC 0
+#define SYNC_START_ERROR -1
+#define DO_GENERIC_SYNC 1
+
+typedef struct vma_map
+{
+ struct vma_map *next;
+ unsigned int vma;
+ unsigned int size;
+ unsigned int offset;
+ unsigned int guard_ptr;
+ unsigned int guard_val;
+} vma_map_t;

I haven't had time to look in details yet but in that context, what does
"vma" stands for ? There's already an important vm data structure in
linux routinely called "vma" and thus I suspect this is a poor naming
choice as it will cause confusion.

It looks like it actually is dealing with vma to me. But then again:

- please don't use typedefs for structures
- there might be a more descriptive name for this than just vma_map
Yes, I'll come up with some (hopefully) better name.