Re: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6.20-rc6 SCSI error: I/O error - trouble withmass storage devices ?!

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 18:15:12 EST

Alan Stern wrote:

The log revealed that the phone's firmware returns garbage values in the Residue field for some WRITEs. This patch should take care of it.

Alan Stern

Is it just me, or should some of these device quirk entries that keep being added be made unconditional? Adding entries for every single device that shows up with these problems seems like not a very scalable approach. These devices obviously work in Windows, can't we just emulate its behavior here?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx