Re: How many people are using 2.6.16?

From: Mark Lord
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 20:33:58 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:13:00AM +1100, Bron Gondwana wrote:
We do a lot of Cyrus which does a lot of MMAP - and we also use the Areca driver - which are both strong reasons to move to 2.6.19.2, but
if the MMAP fix was ported back to 2.6.16 we might consider staying
there instead.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand the problem
the mmap bug was introduced in 2.6.19.

I believe our featherless leader said he though it was an ancient bug,
exasperated by something that went into 2.6.19.

If Linus's opinion is correct (still?), then the bug exists in all
kernels since somewhere back in the 2.4.xx days.

Linus?