Re: Unidentified Intel wifi network card

From: Auke Kok
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 13:40:54 EST

Scott Lockwood wrote:
I'm looking for assistance with a wifi device I can't find a driver for,
the Intel Wireless 3945.

I"m getting this:

0000:0c:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation: Unknown device 4222
(rev 02)

on a new Dell Latitude D820. Anyone know if there will be an open source
driver for this any time soon, or if there is one now?

I'm using the latest vendor supplied kernel, so my apologies if this has
already been done and I'm late to the party. I wasn't able to find much,
other than 'use the NDIS wrapper' which I really don't want to do.

http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,

Auke

PS google for '3945 driver linux' also showed this as #1 hit:
http://www.google.com/search?q=3945+driver+linux