Re: Unidentified Intel wifi network card

From: Ross Vandegrift
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 23:18:36 EST

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:54:55PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> Only gotcha I know of: Sometimes one of the ipw3945d kernel threads will
> hang in a loop if the RFKill switch is set to "kill" when the system comes
> up. I also don't know how it handles suspend, I don't use that on my D820.

I have a D820 and I had a horrible time with the wireless for a long
time. Every five minutes or so, the card would flip out and burn 100%
CPU making the box unusable for 15-45 seconds.

The most recent version of the firmware fixed this issue and now
things are much better.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@xxxxxxxxxxx