Re: v2.6.19-rt6, yum/rpm

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 10:53:12 EST

Hello.

Ingo Molnar wrote:

as usual, bugreports, fixes and suggestions are welcome,

Be aware that even with the newest -rt patch, the PowerPC TOD vsyscalls are still broken, i.e. glibc may return imprecise/incorrect results for the related calls -- despite arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c has been at last fixed to at least compile, the PowerPC clocksource patch removed the important part of TOD vsyscall support, and this hasn't been dealt with. I've sent to Thomas Gleixner a patch removing the affected vsyscalls altogether for the time being in the early November (unfortunately, I came to know of the breakage too late, and hadn't time to deal with it propery due to othr woes), however, I'm not seeing any of my patches (I've also done PowerPC clockevents support) merged to -rt (or otherwise published). Most of the patches can be found in the linuxppc-dev list archives, for the interested...

could you resend them to me please?

Seeing that GENERIC_TIME has been thrown out from the -rt patch, it makes no sense now (even if I had time -- I also decided to leave this to Thomas as the HRT maintainer). Concerning this change: tghe patch that comments out recalc_time_offset() call in arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c must have be thrown out as well since it's breaking TOD vsyscall support now.

Ingo

WBR, Sergei