Re: Please revert "fix typo in geode_configre()@cyrix.c"

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 16:22:31 EST

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:12:36 -0500
lsorense@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Lennart Sorensen) wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:05:43AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 07:29:41 +0100 Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Linus, please revert commit e4f0ae0ea63caceff37a13f281a72652b7ea71ba
> > >

> > Yup.
> >
> > That discussion seems to have died. The 2.6.19 code looks rather silly, but
> > presumably it passed someone's testing at some stage.
>
> The discussion ended because the last patch seemed to be correct to
> everyone involved in the discussion. At least that is my understanding.
> Of course I am just one of the users affected by the patch.

The discussion ended with me asking for someone to send a patch. That
hasn't happened yet. I don't want to have to troll through 20-30 messages
and try to work out what patch we ended up with - that's the way in which
mistakes occur.

Linus has now reverted e4f0ae0ea63caceff37a13f281a72652b7ea71ba. Now,
please, could someone send a patch against either current -git or against
2.6.19? One which includes a descriptin of what it does, and why.

Thanks.