Re: 2.6.20-rc7: hid on PPC

From: Elimar Riesebieter
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 21:02:10 EST

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 the mental interface of
Jiri Kosina told:

> On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
>
> > it would be great, if we can choose pb_fnmode while configure the
> > kernel. I have a PowerBook5,6 but want fkeysfirst. So I have to # echo 2
> > module-parm pb_fnmode doesn't work either in /etc/modules nor in a
> > modprobe instruction while boot. An modprobe -r usb-hid hid; sleep 2;
> > modprobe hid pb_fnmode=2; modprobe usb-hid works on a fresh booted
> > machine. Else module-parm isn't available with a built-in hid, though.
>
> Hi Elimar,
>
> sorry, but I don't seem to understand your problem. There are two
> situations - either you have hid bultin in kernel, or compiled as a
> module. In the first case, you simply modify the kernel boot commandline
> to contain a string
>
> hid.pb_fnmode=2

This works fine, thanks ;)

> and that's it. In the latter case, you add something like
>
> options hid pb_fnmode=2
>
> into the /etc/modprobe.conf file (or you can use any distro-specific way
> to pass parameters to modules, such as /etc/modprobe.d). This is standard
> way to do things, and it works also with hid.

Hmmm, I've had "options hid pb_fnmode=2" in /etc/modprobe.d/hid,
which did not work. But "options hid pb_fnmode=2" in
/etc/modprobe.conf works well ;)

> I don't think there is a need to have this as a separate kernel
> configuration option.

Thanks, sorry for the noise.

Elimar

--
Do you smell something burning or ist it me?