Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 05:04:51 EST

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:14:31AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 05:24:28PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:

> > What? Throw a fresh-faced newbie instantly into the tar-pit of despair
> > that floppy.c is? Do you want everyone just to run screaming from
> > kernel development never to be seen again?
> >
> > :)
>
> Other than with the ISA drivers example, at least everyone has the
> hardware... ;-)

Wrong. I abandoned all floppy drives some years ago. I'd actually
vote for removing the floppy driver from the kernel completely.

Well, at work i probably have an USB floppy lying around somewhere,
but i doubt that it uses floppy.c ;-),
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"