Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

From: Sunil Naidu
Date: Tue Feb 06 2007 - 08:35:35 EST

> On 2/4/07, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >Just let me know if you are interested in participating, and what types
> >of devices you wish to write drivers for (USB, PCI, network, etc.)

Yep, would love to dive into this ocean....in available mode ;-)

> I would like to participate; however, for people who is not at USA
> (say, Europe), are there fair chances to get samples of devices to
> work with?

Not all of the companies asking for this work are in the US, so I don't
see any reason why we should limit our developers to just one country,
that wouldn't be very fair...

That's correct. There should be developers across many regions. For
example, PC growth has the highest in Asia - so more users - hence the
demand for device support !

Plus, there is huge demand coming in 2 important areas - Embedded &
Mobile space.

Just let me know what types of devices you are interested in working on.

I would love to work on PC as well as Embedded stuff (Power, Intel, and ARM).
Devices types - Audio/Video (this needs special attention for the
Linux Desktop), USB (TV Tuner card, key for Linux Desktop), Bluetooth
(Mobiles) , GSM/GPRS/WiFi/WIMAX (my self R&D area). Plus any device
which we think important to boost Linux Desktop ;-)

thanks,

greg k-h

Thank you too,

~Akula2