Re: hdparm for lib_pata

From: Adam J. Richter
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 06:08:04 EST

On 2007-02-04 Stephen Clark wrote:
>I have had two different laptops that had to have boot time command line
>overrides to get the
>driver to allow the hardware work at what it was spec-ed at.

Do you know if these drives were advertising less capability
than they were spec-ed at? Do you recall if the IDE driver without
kernel arguments printed its rationale for reverting to the slower
setting?

I ask because I'd like to know if this sort of thing can ever
happen with libata. If so, then that is yet another reason to have
the ability to override DMA settings from user level in libata.

Adam Richter