EV_MSC / driver/input/input.c (Input Handler)

From: Frank Salomon
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 05:44:56 EST

Hi All,

I had written an additional input_handler :

static struct input_device_id pcraw_ids[] = {
{
.flags = INPUT_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_EVBIT,
.evbit = { BIT(EV_MSC) },
},
{ }, /* Terminating entry */
};

to get MSC_RAW events from the atkeyboard :

input_event (&atkbd->dev, EV_MSC, MSC_RAW, code)

But I only get these events :

input_event(&atkbd->dev, EV_MSC, MSC_SCAN, code);

I know the reason is in driver/input/input.c :

case EV_MSC:
if (code > MSC_MAX || !test_bit(code, dev->mscbit))
return;

if (dev->event) dev->event(dev, type, code, value);
break;

because of (driver/input/keyboard/atkbd.c):

atkbd->dev.mscbit[0] = atkbd->softraw ? BIT(MSC_SCAN) :
BIT(MSC_RAW) | BIT(MSC_SCAN);

I would like to change driver/input/input.c like this :

case EV_MSC:
if (code > MSC_MAX)
return;

if (test_bit(code, dev->mscbit))
if (dev->event) dev->event(dev, type, code, value);
break;

Any comments ? Maybe I misunderstand the concept of the input events. In that case, please give me a short description or let me know were I can find any documentation.

Best regards, Frank