Re: [ipw3945-devel] [ANNOUNCE] d80211 based driver for IntelPRO/Wireless 3945ABG

From: Pavel Roskin
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 13:00:50 EST

Quoting "John W. Linville" <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Very cool! Is it likely that d80211 and iwlwifi will be pushed into
> > mainline in time for 2.6.21?
>
> Hmmm...I think we need to spend a cycle or so in -mm. 2.6.22 seems
> more likely for mainline.

I think we should take this as a goal. Last time I checked, d80211 wasn't in
-mm. Perhaps it should go there. And by the way, the latest changes from
netdev->class_dev to netdev->dev break d80211. Perhaps we should rebase
wireless-dev immediately after 2.6.21-rc1, fix all compile issues and submit
the patch to -mm.

And iwlwifi is surprisingly good for a just announced driver. It worked for me
from the first attempt, and that's the first d80211 driver to do so. In my
opinion, it should go to wireless-dev as soon as possible so it can go to -mm
toghether with other drivers. A couple of wrinkles in the standalone build
system are irrelevant to the kernel interation.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin