Re: Experimental driver for Ricoh Bay1Controller SD Card readers

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 00:47:58 EST

Sascha Sommer wrote:
> I still consider this driver experimental, but without documentation this is
> probably not going to change anytime soon.
> The question is now what I should do with the driver?
> Is it worth to be included in the kernel? If yes where and against what
> kernelversion should I send the patch?

That's up to you. The most important thing for any part of the kernel is
that it must have a maintainer. So if you are ready to keep the driver
up to date and handle the support requests that show, then you should
really submit it.

Patches should always be sent against the current version of the kernel
(i.e. git HEAD). Usually the latest packaged release will also do.

(Note that I haven't had time to review your latest version of the driver)

Rgds

--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org