Re: NAK new drivers without proper power management?

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 10:23:55 EST

Willy Tarreau wrote:

Probably that you got the wrong laptop. If you buy an ultra-thin with highly
proprietary hardware, it may be hard. But if you choose in profesionnal ranges,
there is rarely any problem. I have a compaq nc8000 on which everything works
fine, and it boots in about 20 seconds. Other people I know have Toshibas,
NECs, Dells and IBMs and are happy with them. My previous VAIO was a dirty
crap that I would never recommend to anybody though.

Whereas my "ultru-thin" VAIO works perfectly with both S2D and S2R and the only thing I have some difficulty with is the SD reader. Would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

I often hibernate linux to boot into a hibernated windows session, then go back the other way as required, and my machine might do 80-100 "suspend2both" sessions a month between reboots. 30-40 seconds to suspend mostly (1.5GB of RAM) and about 15 to come back. That's what I call highly useful.

Different strokes and all that I guess..

Brad