Pull UBI tree

From: Artem Bityutskiy
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 10:58:10 EST

Hello Linus,

The UBI tree has been in -mm for a few releases now and we would like to
to see it in the mainline.

We have several groups using the code now and it has proved to be fairly
stable thus far. We've also got some feedback from people outside the
community.

In short, UBI is kind of LVM layer but for flash (MTD) devices. It makes
it possible to dynamically create, delete and re-size volumes. But the
analogy is not full. UBI also takes care of wear-leveling and bad
eraseblocks handling, so UBI completely hides 2 aspects of flash chips
which make them very difficult to work with:

1. wear of eraseblocks;
2. bad eraseblocks.

There is some documentation available at:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubi.html
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubi.html

The sources are available via the GIT tree:
git://git.infradead.org/ubi-2.6.git

The tree is based on your current git tree and is ready to pull from.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (ÐÐÑÑÑÐÐÐ ÐÑÑÑÐ)