Re: [patch 10/21] Xen-paravirt: Name: dont export paravirt_ops structure,do individual functions

From: Zachary Amsden
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 20:18:39 EST

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Zachary Amsden wrote:
This turned out really hideous looking to me. Can't we split the
struct into GPL'd and non-GPL'd functions instead? We still have the
same granularity, and none of this function call to an indirect
function call nonsense.

It's not pretty, but I think having paravirt_ops and paravirt_ops_gpl
would be worse. I'd be sympathetic to the idea of splitting
paravirt_ops up by function groupings, but splitting it by license seems
like a maintenance headache with no real upside. Besides, patching will
solve everything (tm).

Ok. As long as we plan on patching CR2 and CR0 / clts accessors for FPU save during context switch and page fault paths in the future.