Re: [patch] build error: allnoconfig fails on mincore/swapper_space

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 04:11:03 EST

Hugh Dickins wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

Can't you have migration without swap?

Yes: but then the only swap entry it can find (short of page
table corruption, which isn't really the focus of mincore)
is a migration entry, isn't it?

Just doesn't seem logical to have CONFIG_SWAP ifdef cover the
whole thing, regardless that it produces the desired result.

I'm going to submit a fixup patch to Linus covering all this
stuff, after making a more comprehensive test case (yes I
actually did test this patch with a few different cases before
submitting it, so I must have been unlucky with uninitialised
data).

If he wants to apply it rather than back out the patch entirely,
its up to him.

I don't think there is any reason to panic. I did completely
forget the result vector, but AFAIKS that's the only real bug
in it.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.