Re: [patch] mm: NUMA replicated pagecache

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 14:00:36 EST

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

> This is a scheme for page replication replicates read-only pagecache pages
> opportunistically, at pagecache lookup time (at points where we know the
> page is being looked up for read only).

The problem is that you may only have a single page table. One process
with multiple threads will just fault in one thread in order to
install the mapping to the page. The others threads may be running on
different nodes and different processors but will not generate any
faults. Pages will not be replicated as needed. The scheme only seems to
be working for special cases of multiple processes mapping the same file.