Re: PROBLEM: 2.6.19.1 Oops while doing Disk IO + playing sound, 2.6.20 too

From: Frank Hartmann
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 18:33:50 EST

Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Yes I see some correlation. Again it seems there is a problem with buffers
> attached to a page which got truncated but Private flag of the page stayed.
> It's probably not important but just out of curiosity - do you have
> CONFIG_LBD (large block device) set? I'd just like to verify that page_bufs
> was NULL when it was passed to walk_page_buffers().

fantasio:~/tmp/linux-2.6.20$ fgrep CONFIG_LBD .config
# CONFIG_LBD is not set

> You said 2.6.17 worked for you, didn't you? How long does it take to
> reproduce the problem? If it is reasonably easy (e.g. a few hours), could
> you trace back when the problem started happening? If you could narrow that
> problem down to a single patch (using git-bisect), that would be great.

Yes I said that. At least I did not notice it happen:)
Reproduction seems easy. So I will try.

I have some problem: I am not sufficiently familar with git!

I found http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/howto/isolate-bugs-with-bisect.txt
Is this the way to do a git-bisect?

>From where do I get the 'labels' for good(2.6.17) and bad(2.6.20)?

regards