Re: GPL vs non-GPL device drivers

From: v j
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 02:29:10 EST

On 2/14/07, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At least one of us is confused about that an embedded User is.
It seems to me that you are an embedded developer, not User.
I doubt that most Embedded Users care what their OS is,
or even know what an OS is.

I am not sure what the difference is. We are trying to use Linux to
support our application. It may be that Linux has a bug, or our
application. When it is Linux, that has the problem, I have tried to
inform the community of that.

> Not everybody has to be a contributor. The reason Linux is popular is
> because of its openness. Take that away and see where it goes.

We seem to have different definitions of open and closed.

Open = 3rd party Linux drivers can be loaded. Closed = No third party
Linux drivers can be loaded.