Re: GPL vs non-GPL device drivers

From: Jan Knutar
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 13:25:28 EST

On Thursday 15 February 2007 16:37, Benny Amorsen wrote:

> JDL> I think a nice example of that might be the Linksys WRT54G
> JDL> routers.
>
> They don't ship with Linux anymore, except the WRT54GL. Apparently
> switching was worth it to save 2MB flash.

Though apparently there are enough people out there who want the
benefits of Linux that it's viable for them to make the L version which
is capable of running Linux :)

Amusingly, the place I acquired my GL from sells the non-Linux WRT54G
for 65.90â and the WRT54GL for â64.90. The WRT54GS (S for speedboost?)
is â81.90.