Re: 2.6.20-mm1

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 17:39:50 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> That's shm-make-sysv-ipc-shared-memory-use-stacked-files.patch, brought to
> us by Eric-who-hasnt-read-Documentation/SubmitChecklist.

Sorry I thought I had all of the interesting debugging enabled in my
kernel build. It must of fallen out someplace. I think I must
have figured shm_lock was a semaphore or mutex.

> Like this, I guess:

Nope. get_empty_filp can sleep as well, unless I'm totally mistaken.
It looks like the logic change is going to be a little more than a one
liner. I will get back to you in a couple of hours....

Eric