Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch 12/21] Xen-paravirt: Allocate and freevmalloc areas

From: Keir Fraser
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 14:07:45 EST

On 16/2/07 17:27, "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In fact that file is only built for i386 and x86_64, so there really is no
>> problem with using vmalloc_sync_all() directly and without ifdef.
>>

> I had moved it to mm/vmalloc.c in response to previous review comments
> (namely, its not Xen specific, so it shouldn't live in the Xen part of
> the tree).

Then the call will have to be CONFIG_X86. I hadn't realised powerpc were
also using lock_vm_area. However I suspect that the x86 issue that those
functions were written doesn't even exist on powerpc, or any other non-x86
architecture.

I guess we should change the name of alloc_vm_area, by the way. Perhaps
alloc_vm_area_sync() or similar, to give some hint of what it's doing and
how it differs from other vmalloc-area functions?

-- Keir