Re: Question about setting affinity in 2.4

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 01:21:49 EST

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 09:14:21PM -0800, Phy Prabab wrote:
> Willy,
>
> Thanks for the heads up and patch location. It looks like the guys at
> RH seemed to have applied a patch to allow one to set affinity,
> however, it might be that it is broken. Guess I will have to contact
> the RH people to get an update as to what they did/did not do.

You should ensure that the syscall has really been added to the syscall
table. Their kernel also has a fully working epoll() implementation, but
the syscall is missing from the table. It's a shame because you have to
add a 10-lines patch to enable it again ! It may be the same problem in
your case.

> Thanks!
> Phy

Regards,