Re: PCI riser cards and PCI irq routing, etc

From: Udo van den Heuvel
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 04:25:04 EST

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Any ideas about how to proceed?
> What to test?

I found some info on the VIA dual PCI extender card at
http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID=410.
The text says:

The EXT-PCI is a PCI riser card which expands a PCI slot into two PCI slots.

EXT-PCI slot 1 (lower slot) uses the system resources (Device ID, INT)
of the PCI slot of the motherboard.

EXT-PCI slot 2 (Upper slot) uses device 19 and INT_A.

So if my non-VIA riser card can use DN 19 and also INT_A things should work?
(assuming that VIA Epia EN BIOS 1.07 is enough to use this card)

So, if not (as in my situation) how can I find out what is wrong?
Or find out if the BIOS works OK with the card?
How can I verify that the correct routing for the IRQ is in place?
The DN is the only variable so INT lines are hardwired on the riser card?
Then same for the motherboard.

I.o.w.: how can I find the root cause?

Kind regards,
Udo