Re: [-mm patch] UNION_FS must depend on SLAB

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 01:17:19 EST

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Morton wrote:
Problem is, it doesn't seem that we'll be merging unionfs any time soon so
we shouldn't be adding slab infrastructure on its behalf. And I'd prefer
not to have to carry slab changes in a filesystem tree.

I think we can merge krealloc without unionfs. I'll whoop up a new patch as per Christoph's suggestions. I think at least XFS already has its own realloc and there might be some other open-coded users. It's not _changing_ the slab as much as adding new functionality that makes sense fron a general point of view.

The ksize exports we can add later if unionfs is to be merged.

Pekka