Re: [BUG] at drivers/char/vt.c:3332 do_blank_screen() on resume

From: S.ÃaÄlar Onur
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 08:52:30 EST

Hi;

22 Åub 2007 Per tarihinde, Antonino A. Daplas ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> Ah, and you have fb_splash too. That's why the tracing was not what I
> expected it to be.
>
> Try using video=vesafb:noblank to disable hardware blanking and find out
> if you can still reproduce the oops.

I'll try and also will try to reproduce with vanilla one.

> After grepping for change_console, all callers of change_console and
> complete_change_console are acquiring the console semaphore, so I really
> don't know what's going on here...
>
> Since you are using a non-vanilla kernel, can you just do
> a grep change_console of the kernel source and see if you can find a
> caller that missed doing an acquire_console_sem().

fbsplash and vesafb-tng has no change_console call and patched one seems same
with vanilla one.

[caglar@zangetsu][~/svk/playground/caglar/kernel/kernel/files/gentoo]> grep
change_console fbsplash-0.9.2-r5.patch
[caglar@zangetsu][~/svk/playground/caglar/kernel/kernel/files/gentoo]> grep
change_console vesafb-tng-1.0-rc2.patch
[caglar@zangetsu][~/svk/playground/caglar/kernel/kernel/files/gentoo]>

zangetsu linux-2.6.20 # grep change_console * -r
drivers/char/vt_ioctl.c:static void complete_change_console(struct vc_data
*vc);
drivers/char/vt_ioctl.c:
complete_change_console(vc_cons[newvt].d);
drivers/char/vt_ioctl.c:static void complete_change_console(struct vc_data
*vc)
drivers/char/vt_ioctl.c: * clean up (similar to logic employed in
change_console())
drivers/char/vt_ioctl.c:void change_console(struct vc_data *new_vc)
drivers/char/vt_ioctl.c: complete_change_console(new_vc);
drivers/char/vt.c:
change_console(vc_cons[want_console].d);
include/linux/vt_kern.h:void change_console(struct vc_data *new_vc);

Cheers
--
S.ÃaÄlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!