Re: I2O block driver broken in kernel 2.6.19?

From: Markus Lidel
Date: Sun Feb 25 2007 - 13:35:37 EST

Hello,

Andrew Morton wrote:
(cc's restored. Please, always do reply-to-all)
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:57:27 +0000 (UTC) Mark Gray <mvg001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i2o/hda:<3>Buffer I/O error on device i2o/hda, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device i2o/hda, logical block 0
Same error here. Both 2.6.19 and 2.6.20 kernels, using Adaptec 2400A RAID.
Is Adaptec 2400 controlled by drivers/message/i2o? I assume so...
If so, thats's at least three people reporting breakage in 2.6.19 and later.
Is anyone able perform a git-bisect to identify the offending commit? It
would really help.
Thanks.

I've already reversed the changes from 2.6.19 for the I2O subsystem, but it wasn't the solution. Probably it has something to do with the DMA handling, because some commands go through very well, while others don't. I'm working on the issue and report back as soon as i find a solution.

Best regards,

Markus Lidel
Markus Lidel (Senior IT Consultant)

Shadow Connect GmbH