Re: [RFC] Use para_fill instead of vmi_get_function for APIC ops

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 20:36:34 EST

Zachary Amsden wrote:
> Patch looks good, thanks. But the whole para_fill / vmi_get_function
> stuff could probably be done even cleaner. It was just a helper at
> first to work around the awkward syntax, and it is still a bit ugly,
> but I haven't come up with a better solution yet, mostly because with
> the new inlining work Jeremy is doing, we might want to start doing
> selective inlining, in which case I'll have to go back over the code
> anyway to clean everything to get the logic right in all cases.

Yes, my patching updates make pretty much all the pv_ops patchable,
including the apic ones. The simple thing is to fill out paravirt_ops
with the appropriate pointers, then set the .patch operation to
paravirt_default_patch, which will basically turn them all into direct
calls. If you want to start inlining stuff, then you can do that too.