Re: PROBLEM: "BUG:" when resuming from suspend-to-ram

From: Kristian Grønfeldt Sørensen
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 17:25:20 EST

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 23:04 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, 27 February 2007 19:45, Kristian Grønfeldt Sørensen wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > PROBLEM: "BUG:" when resumimg from suspend-to-ram
> >
> > My laptop have a problem with resuming from suspend-to-ram.
> > It does not occur every time - most of the time, resume works without
> > any problem.at all.
> >
> > After it occurs, the laptop refuses to go into suspend-to-ram mode until
> > next reboot.
>
> What do you mean by "refuses"?

As in it does not suspend when i close the lid. It just stays on.

> Are there any suspicious messages in
> dmesg?

No: This what i get just after the stacktrace:

video bus notify
video bus notify
video bus notify
video bus notify
video bus notify
video bus notify
video bus notify
video bus notify
DEV: Unregistering device. ID = 'vcs7'
PM: Removing info for No Bus:vcs7
device_create_release called for vcs7
DEV: Unregistering device. ID = 'vcsa7'
PM: Removing info for No Bus:vcsa7
device_create_release called for vcsa7
DEV: registering device: ID = 'vcs7'
PM: Adding info for No Bus:vcs7
DEV: registering device: ID = 'vcsa7'
PM: Adding info for No Bus:vcsa7
DEV: Unregistering device. ID = 'vcs7'
PM: Removing info for No Bus:vcs7
device_create_release called for vcs7
DEV: Unregistering device. ID = 'vcsa7'
PM: Removing info for No Bus:vcsa7
device_create_release called for vcsa7

The "video bus notify" lines is from attempts to suspend the machine
once again, but as I described above, nothing happens - the computer
stays on.
The rest is from switches between VT's and X.

> > The system is a Debian unstable running with a self-compiled 2.6.20
> > kernel downloaded from kernel.org.
> >
> > I've only tried suspend-to-ram on 2.6.20 so I don't know whether or not
> > other versions might have the same problem.
> >
> > I'm not subscribed to the list. Please CC me.
>
> I guess one of the drivers you use goes awry at some point. Please provide
> us with more information (like dmesg output after a failing resume).

See the above dmesg snippet.

/Kristian