solved Re: 2.6.20 SATA error

From: Gerhard Mack
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 16:55:51 EST

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:25:00 -0500 (EST)
> Gerhard Mack <gmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > > In another thread, I think they were saying it was either a SATA chipset
> > > driver bug, or a problem in libata core.
> >
> > I also have an nforce4.
>
> On another mailing list, someone with an Intel chipset is reporting the same
> problem, and also that others without nforce chipsets are seeing it.

I was reaching inside my computer to check something and heared the thing
click and got the same error message.

Turns out the adaptor that goes between SATA drive and the old style power
connector was loose on the drive side. Doesn't seem to me like it was
very snug fitting to begin with. I changed it to one of the proper SATA
connectors comming off the power supply and it doesn't do that anymore.

Sorry for the false alarm,

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.