Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] no backlight on radeon after recent kernel"upgrade"s

From: Richard Purdie
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 05:59:26 EST

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 16:55 +0000, James Simmons wrote:
> So the problem is not the configuration but that for some reason the
> backlight state is set to off by default.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure there's been enough information to
conclude that.

At the moment, I'd like a patch which makes backlight usage configurable
at runtime though a module parameter and defaults to off in all cases
except the powermac one. I'd like to get something into the tree,
preferably before the next -rc, since at the moment things are breaking
for people. If you haven't time, say so and I'll have a look and see if
I can work one out.

Cheers,

Richard